Four Fun Things to Do in Washington DC in Winter
Washington DC is a great place to visit during the winter season and holidays. You can plan a wide range of activities that are fun for the entire family, such as visiting The White House or taking a candlelight tour. Private tours of Washington DC are a fantastic way to explore the historic city and create many special memories with friends and family.
Top Things to Do in Washington DC During the Winter Season
- Go Ice Skating – The biggest ice rink in Washington DC is located at Washington Harbor in Georgetown. The outdoor arena is the perfect place to skate around the ice and enjoy all of the outdoor lights and the majestic view of the Potomac River. You can also choose from a wide range of rink-side cafes and restaurants during your visit.
- Visit National Christmas Tree – The National Christmas Tree is always a favorite attraction in Washington DC. The Christmas tree is covered in countless lights and is always a breathtaking sight to see. In early December, the President of the United States will light the tree and deliver a special speech. You can visit The National Christmas Tree at any time during the holiday season, and it is always free to the general public.
- Stay Warm by the Fire – The Wharf shopping and dining complex gives you the perfect opportunity to stay warm with a large fire pit located by the waterfront. You can gather around the fire pit to toast marshmallows while also enjoying winter games and many different entertainment options that are fun for the entire family.
- View the City Lights – Checking out all of the city lights is a great activity during the winter season. A hop-on and hop-off bus tour allows you to visit all of the famous landmarks and memorials at your own pace. You can also learn about the nation’s history while getting an up-close view of all the monuments.
Contact DC Trails for Private Tours of Washington DC
DC Trails is the number one tour bus company that can help you explore each area of Washington. Our experienced tour guides will help you learn more about the historic city while allowing you to fully experience Washington DC during the holiday season.
Contact us to learn more about private tours of Washington DC!
- 16 years in Operations
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Looking for a reliable and simple way to book a charter bus service? You have come to the right place. Reach out to us with your requirements or queries and we will walk you through the step-by-step process to help you plan the perfect trip to Washington DC.