Explore the fascinating home, and home town, of George Washington. Watch actors in historical dress make history come alive in this living museum of the life and times of the Father of Our Country.
You’ll tour Washington’s famed mansion, visit working plantation outbuildings where re-enactors keep Colonial ways alive, stroll through Martha Washington’s beautiful gardens, and discover one of the best gift shops in the capital region, full of unique treasures, toys, cookbooks, history books and Virginia wines.
- WhenOffered Monday-Sunday; exceptions: July 4, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year's Day
- Start Time10:00 am & 12:00 pm
- Duration4.5 Hours
- Meeting Place478 L'Enfant Plaza SW, Washington, DC 20024
- PriceAdult: $56
Child (Ages 5-15): $28
- TransportOpen Top Mini Van. During en-climate weather the open-top van then becomes a glass-top van with panoramic views.
- InclusionsEntry to Mount Vernon
- Not IncludedFood and Drinks
Journey Through Washington’s Historical Suburbs
Experience George Washington’s home town with us. En route, your coach will wind through the narrow streets of Old Town Alexandria, past Robert E. Lee's boyhood home, the historic Torpedo Factory and General Washington's own church and his favorite tavern.
Explore Mount Vernon At Your Leisure
Tour Mount Vernon at your own speed on a self-guided walk through the house and grounds where George Washington planned the growth of a nation.
Visit working plantation outbuildings where re-enactors keep colonial ways alive and stroll through Martha Washington’s beautiful gardens.
Also discover one of the best gift shops in the capital region - full of unique treasures, toys, cookbooks, history books and Virginian wines.
The 23-room mansion is full of history and enjoys views of the Potomac river. Fully restored to look as it did in 1799 when George Washington passed away, you’ll love exploring Mount Vernon’s hidden secrets.
- SR 22: We learned so much from our knowledgable and enthusiastic driver Joshua. Highly recommend this company!
- Niobe L: The experience was awsome...Our guide taught us a lot of curious details and history with jokes. It was a very funny day!
- Kisha S: The tour guides were not only enjoyable but extremely knowledgeable. I would DEFINITELY take this tour again!